EMU Media Services
Guests OnlineWe have 7 guests online
Search in our Archives
Subscribe to our free e-mail-newsletter service to receive notifications about events and new articles.
About the EMU Foundation
A non-profit, non-government organisation, registered in the European Union and with scope of activity throughout the European Continent.
The EMU is an an umbrella organisation made up of various other organisations and area entities associated together to serve the Muslim community in Europe and to promote and facilitate the dialogue and mutual improvement of the host societies and the Muslims, where the Muslim communities live in minority.
Objectives of the EMU are:
- To promote correct understanding of Islam in Europe.
- To educate the Muslims in the traditional teachings of Islam, free from fanaticism, nihilism and other negative tendencies.
- To promote the creation and management of all the institutions needed for the practice of worship (Mosques) and all the necessities of the practice of Islam in a non-Muslim society : cemeteries, Halal slaughter houses, Kuttab (children Quranic school),... etc.
- To favour a positive, beneficial and constructive role of the Muslim communities and Muslim entities in European societies.
- To provide reliable sources of thought, judgement, advice, clarification, mediation and arbitration for Muslims in different circumstances of crisis, whether conflict within the Muslim community or with the host society.
- To provide material, legal, social and spiritual support to Muslims from foreign origin in the European continent.
- To provide forums and arenas of encounter, mutual knowledge and dialogue between Muslim leaders and intellectuals from the Muslim community and the European and western countries.
- To create welfare and social services for the Muslim community all over Europe.
- To form and run Muslim schools and other educational institutions for the betterment and development of Muslim children and youth in Europe.
- To serve the European public in general and the Muslim population in particular by offering news, knowledge, opinion and thought with a balanced and correct view of Islam, the Muslims in Europe and the Muslim world through all the media of mass communication.
- To develop and run institutions of higher Islamic knowledge, destined to form and train Muslim scholars and intellectual capable of serving the Muslim communities and providing righteous guidance in the European context of this age, aware of the challenges, needs and existing realities of the environment to which they belong.
- To facilitate mutual knowledge between Europeans and Muslims around the world by means of tourism, travelling and camps, as well as though courses, exhibitions and promotion of the arts, crafts, heritage and culture of those communities.
- To develop projects of social interest for the creation of employment, professional training of different skills and trading where the specific models and formulas of Islamic law of commerce can be implemented and shown as a valid alternative.